I had the opportunity to write an ‘Ednet – Insight’ article from the viewpoint of industry. EdNET Insight “is the K-12 education industry’s trusted source for information and consulting services, combining the proven power of research and analysis with recognized industry experts to deliver an insightful, comprehensive view of the trends and influences that are shaping the education market today—and tomorrow.”
The article highlighted the following points:
- The top 10 hardest jobs to fill in the U.S. include skilled trade workers, accounting and finance professionals, IT staff, and engineers.
- Today’s career and technical education (CTE) programs benefit all students by combining rigorous academics with relevant, career-specific instruction.
- A hallmark of today’s CTE programs is the partnership between high school and postsecondary institutions.
- Examples of successful partnerships can be found across the country.
- Improved alignment between the educational system and industry is needed to ensure the strength of our nation’s workforce, global competitiveness, and economic health.
The entire article can be read by clicking the following link: ‘Voice from the Industry’.